Theo’s ON EDGE for the Castrol EDGE Winternationals

This article brought to you by:

It has been 9months since Theo Woollett’s ON EDGE Nissan Skyline GTR has gone down the Willowbank quarter mile.

This week-end’s Castrol EDGE Winternationals will see the return of the gold GTR to Willowbank raceway some 33 kilograms lighter, a complete new drive train and a driver looking to rewrite the record books.

Theo said “For the last couple of years I really have had my sights set on the world record which at the moment for one of these cars with radial tyres is 8.61.

Back in January 2008 I ran my personal best 8.95 @ 160.43MPH but with limited budget, I found myself not running as hard as I would have like just to make sure I did not break any thing. So after the Jamboree last year I decided to park the car until I was in a position to have a red hot go at the World Record.

We have removed the Nissan factory wiring harness that was about 42kilograms. We rewired the Motec system that was about 9 kilograms so we have a car that is 30 and bit kg’s lighter.

We have also installed a brand new Liberty Pro Stock Z Style 5-Speed Transmission. So fingers’ crossed we will have great weather and we can deliver a World Record to my major and event sponsor Castrol EDGE”.

Theo will have his work cut out for him when qualifying for the ultra competitive Super Sedan bracket. It has attracted 73 entries this week-end and gets underway at 9am on Thursday.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine