Forum

Altronics

Forgot password? | Forgot username?
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » GEOFFSTER

24-05-17 18:54:09
Winternationals Pro Entry Count ...... so far!
Category: General Discussion
Forum: The Bench

Things are looking a bit better than they have for a while. Pro Stock field is disappointing given the 25 + entered only a few years ago but the other Group 1 fields are pretty respectable. Good to see Nick Xerakias entered, wonder how long it took to dust off the car. Scott Porter is also there which is a surprise as they announced their retirement a while back.

16-06-16 12:11:42

That's correct Ralph. I verified this with Steve personally on the Sunday morning. He confirmed it was "a few thousandths"better than his previous PB.

11-01-16 08:45:30
Race Calenders

Well don't really know what that's about but thanks Tex.

I gather you're a competitor so thanks also for supporting the event and good luck in your chosen bracket.

10-01-16 19:43:12
Race Calenders

Just watched the Rowe Memorial on Speedweek. Calder and ANDRA are going to have to crank up the publicity for the Nats because today's program showed the emptiest grandstands I've ever seen. At least the parking shouldn't be too bad if they don't get a better crowd than that for the Nats.

09-01-16 08:30:39
Race Calenders

Now 8 in PS.

Very interesting entry in Super Stock - Peter Sammut VIC 122 Super Stock DD/GIA Nissan Infiniti

08-01-16 14:45:11
Race Calenders

Well the entry list is improving. Now showing 7 in PS, still only 2 in PSM, 4 in TA, 7 in TD, still only 2 in TF and TFM. Group 2 brackets also improving but still thin.

Zero information or publicity for the event on the ANDRA website.

07-01-16 08:58:10
Race Calenders

Yeah, I remember Zap mowing the grass for them and still winning the race about 20 years ago.

I'm still a bit skeptical that the overall length won't still be an issue but hope this comes off. I' kind of surprised that using the barriers they use for the GP could be a viable option only because they start setting up for the GP and close off the Albert Park area at least 6 weeks before the event so it doesn't seem like there is enough time for these chunks of concrete to also be used at Calder.

Anyway, as I said, I live in hope. I'll go if the entry list improves a fair bit. As it stands now it's about a half day event.

06-01-16 20:26:17
Race Calenders

Well I hope so too, Crispy. Even more I hope the various parties can sort this schism in our sport out. Fragmenting it is in nobody's interest.

So its the barriers rather than the length of the braking area that has been the restriction? I hadn't heard this before. I guess given that both Charlie and Darren Di Fillipo went 298 there back in the 90's they could at least run everything up to TA the full quarter.

Being in my home town is certainly a good thing but I'll wait for the final entry list before I decide whether to go. The handful of events I've been to at Calder since the last Nats there in 2001 have been pretty underwhelming but I live in hope.

06-01-16 10:36:26
Race Calenders

And they don't show anything like full fields in any Group 1 bracket. 3 in PS, 2 in PSM, 1 in TA, 5 in TD, 3 in TFM and 2 in TF. For that matter the Group 2 brackets are also well short of even 8 car fields. I know entries don't close for a while yet but any claim to already have full fields is contradicted by the entry lists they posted on 4 Jan.

Clearly they won't be running everything over the full quarter. Even Comp was limited to 1,000 feet at the Rowe Memorial meeting. Speaking of that meeting, the pics I have seen show very empty grandstands in the background.

31-08-15 18:58:25
TImes about up

45 year "pro"spectator here. Went to the drags for the first time in 1970 at the age of 14.

Fingers crossed the various players get this right. I have grave fears the sport I have spent a lot of time and a lot of money following since then is on a knife edge. Get it wrong and it could effectively disappear.

Hoping for the best.

08-08-15 19:24:03
Full of drag racing awesomeness

Thanks Luke. All good now.

08-08-15 12:00:08

E version still not showing on Joomag.

??

06-08-15 16:45:37

Guys,

What's happening with edition 9? Is it available to download as per past editions? I can't find it anywhere on Joomag and the news item on the front page of your site seems to only be talking about ordering a hard copy, which I don't want.

What's the story?

Geoff

27-07-15 09:36:43

I've seen the same fan unfriendly thing in the US. Fortunately there is less of it here, so far at least. Mostly as long as you don't get in their way when  they're thrashing Australian PS teams are very welcoming.

It's been like this in the Statesfor a long time. I remember the God of Pro Stock, the incomparable Bob Glidden, barrel rolling his T bird in the late 80'sand as soon ashe was out of the wreck taking off his firesuit jacket and covering his inlet manifold.

26-07-15 12:21:16

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-rac … -pro-stock

This is interesting. Will ANDRA follow suit?

• Index
  • » Users
  • » GEOFFSTER

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
Teresacog
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

aeroflow ofp

Rocket ofp

vpw-new-logo

logo for Drag News
gulfwestern

dnm25cover

Single Issue  Subscription

Would you like to contact Drag News? Send an email to our team by clicking This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. We'd love to hear from you.

Would you like to advertise on Australia's most popular drag racing site? Contact Drag News Australia This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for our rate sheet or to discuss opportunities.

DNA's T&C's