Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Forgot password? | Forgot username?
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » Dave727

20-06-17 20:03:02
I have looked at all the areas that I know and cannot find if anyone won the 50th Winters and how...
Category: General Discussion
Forum: The Bench

It looks like the trophies that were handed out were for the 2016/2017 400 Thunder Champions, not for the Winternationals winners.

02-04-17 17:33:32
Category: The Garage

DART 10.2 BLOCK WITH BILLET STEEL CAPS
CALLIES MAGNUM CRANK
OLIVER BILLET RODS
JE PISTONS WITH 200 THOU PINS
BRONZE LIFTER BORES
ISKY 904 NEEDLE FREE LIFTERS
VALLY SCREEN KIT
DART CNC PORTED 18 DEG HEADS
TITANIUM VALVES
T&D ROCKERS
JESEL BELT DRIVE
COMP SOLID ROLLER CAM 7/4 SWAP
DART SINGLE 4 PORTED INTAKE
DEADENBEAR ELECTRIC WATER PUMP
MOROSO 4 VANE VAC PUMP
MOROSO OIL PUMP & PAN
MSD CRANK TRIGGER & DISY
ATI BALANCER
More parts to list.

Complete short engine was built brand new by Scott Shafiroff Race Engines (have receipts to verify).
Has gone 8.25 @ 165 in a 2950 LBS street style door car. Has 1050 hp. Done 65 passes from new.
Genuine reason for sale.
$24000

Phone 0403128889 

04-02-17 21:15:06

Just wondering if anyone ells is having trouble with the live stream from Perth now.
After logging on successfully it is saying "Embedding is disabled on this page. If you think there has been an issue , please contact the event owner".
Was looking forward to watching it.

27-01-17 14:30:25

Yes I totally agree "thank god for Santo".

Not all racers can afford to support 2 championships (ANDRA and 400 Thunder). So while the sport is split between the two we'll continue to see low fields in some brackets.
The Nationals have 20 entered in Super Comp (which is great), from memory the last time 400 Thunder ran Super Comp they only had 5 entries !!   

17-12-16 12:15:40

Still for sale

02-11-16 20:49:02

CALLIES MAGNUM CRANK
OLIVER BILLET RODS
BRONZE LIFTER BORES
VALLY SCREEN KIT
TITANIUM VALVES
T&D ROCKERS
JESEL BELT DRIVE
COMP SOLID ROLLER CAM
DART PORTED SINGLE 4 INTAKE
DEADENBEAR ELECTRIC WATER PUMP
MOROSO 4 VANE VAC PUMP
MOROSO OIL PAN & PUMP
MSD CRANK TRIGGER & DISSY
ATI BALANCER
MORE PRTS TO LIST

Complete short engine was built brand new by Scott Shafiroff  Race Engines (have receipts to verify)
Has gone 8.25 @ 165 in a 2950 Lb street style car. Has approx. 1050 hp.
Done 65 passes from new.
Genuine reason for sale.
$24000

Phone David 0403128889
Located in Melbourne

18-09-16 19:46:18

Bump

21-08-16 21:04:59

Still for sale

23-07-16 12:19:33

CALLIES MAGNUM CRANK
OLIVER BILLET RODS
BRONZE LIFFTER BORES
VALLEY SCREEN KIT
TITANIUM VALVES
T&D ROCKERS
JESEL BELT DRIVE
COMP SOLID ROLLER CAM
DART PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD
DEADENBEAR ELEC WATER PUMP
MOROSO 4 VANE VAC PUMP
MOROSO OIL PAN & PUMP
MSD CRANK TRIGGER & DISY
ATI BALANCER
MORE PARTS TO LIST

Complete short engine was built brand new by Scott Shafiroff Race Engines ( have receipts to verify)
Has gone 8.25 @ 165 in a 2950 Lb street style car, has approx. 1050 hp.
Done approx. 65 passes from new.
Genuine reason for sale. 
$24000

Phone David 0403128889
Located in Melbourne

23-09-15 16:38:45

Ok guys points taken, but that doesn't mean I agree with you both. I've been a passionate Drag Racing fan and racer for over 30 years and it annoys me every time some dick head causes carnage on the road the media calls it Drag Racing. I take pride in the sport I participate in and don't want to be labeled a hoon.

I looked up the definition for a Drag Race, and according to the British Dictionary a Drag Race is "A TYPE OF MOTOR RACE IN WHICH SPECIALLY BUILT OR MODIFIED CARS OR MOTORCYCLES ARE TIMED OVER A MEASURED COURSE". Note that it makes no reference to hoons illegally street racing on a public road. As we live in an English speaking society I think the above definition is relevant to us all.

I wont be posting any further comments on this subject or replying to additional posts.

See you all at the Drags some time soon. default/smile

David 

21-09-15 21:40:11

The general public know what V8 Super Car Racing and F1 is, but when it comes to Drag Racing they think it's two hoons racing on the streets due to street racing always being referred as Drag Racing.
And if "ANDRA dose contact those programs when this occurs," well ANDRA is not doing a very good job of it. I've never seen or heard of ANDRA going on a current affairs program to explain what real Drag Racing is.

21-09-15 19:41:35

Just watched the 6pm Channel Nine Melbourne news where they reported on two hoons that were street racing in Melbourne' west which one of the cars had hit two innocent pedestrians causing injury. The term "drag racing" was used several times in reference to the hoons illegal activities. When are the media going to stop using the name of our chosen sport to describe illegal street racing. Imagine if the media referred to illegal street racing as " V8 Super Car Racing" or "F1 Racing", I'm sure both those organizations would be right onto the media threatening with legal action to stop referring to their brands as hoon activity. Why doesn't ANDRA go on every current affair program to educate the media and the general public what real Drag Racing is. It pisses me off when our sport' name is always refered to illegal street racing.   

21-08-15 21:08:45
TImes about up

I think it depends on the class. In recent times both Calder and AIR have been running some classes to 1000ft such as Outlaws and Group 2 and at the same meet all other Group 3 & 4 run the full 1/4 mile. But that could all change at Calder with the track improvements.....only time will tell.

14-06-15 19:55:12

Air scoop & ignition still available.

19-04-15 17:41:59

Fuel pump SOLD, Air scoop & Ignition still available.

• Index
  • » Users
  • » Dave727

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
Preard