Donnelly brothers down for double nitro assault in Sydney

This article brought to you by:

DanDonnelly ONFC 3531 081016 28

The Donnelly family racing team has been a crowd favourite since joining the Aeroflow Outlaw Nitro Funny Car series and Sydney race goers are in for a treat, a double dose of Donnelly in the nitro funny car ranks!

In his bright yellow Camaro, 21-year-old Jake Donnelly has seen recent success in the Bumble Bee with the car regularly being in the mix for fastest speeds and quickest times, culminating in two podiums at the two most recent events.

Jake explained, “Lately we are having a bit of success, as a team we are getting our heads around a really good tune up and as a driver I am feeling that I’m getting a handle on driving this car and what it needs from me.”

Although he has been a series regular aboard the Rocketship wheelstander, older brother Dan is ready for his nitro debut, at 23-years old Dan is ready to change from wheeelstands to nitro flames.

After completing an impressive series of runs to secure his nitro funny car license in Bumblebee, Dan’s only problem was getting younger brother Jake out of the driver’s seat!

Family friends Phil and Sarah Lamattina had other ideas and with the nitro racers having the famous “Fuchs Flyer” in the shed at LTFR, what better way to get the car back out than to have young Dan drive it for the Sydney event!

“I can’t thank Phil, Sarah, Aaron and the Lamattina team for the opportunity to race the LTFR Fuchs Flyer!” beamed an excited Dan.

“The Fuchs Flyer has been well into the 5’s at over 400km/h so I can’t wait to jump in such a competitive car for my first event, it’s going to be great!”

When Dan was quizzed on what it would be like to race against his younger brother, “Well, the rivalry has already well and truly started – especially after I went faster in Bumble Bee than Jake during testing at Willowbank. I’m hoping to draw Jake out in a round in Sydney and get the opportunity to beat up on Bumble Bee and my little brother!” Dan laughed.

Jake has other plans though, he wants to complete his set of Rocket trophies!

“He (Dan) better be ready for little bro to show him a whooping! I’m actually really excited for him to be in the mix, he is a good driver and will be one to watch, for sure,” Jake jibbed.

For all of the “Rocketship” fans, there is no need to panic as team owners Jason and Hayley Donnelly have already had young team member Kaine Schawrz trained and licensed to continue the excitement and entertainment that only 160km/h wheelstands can produce.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine