Shane Tucker takes on first NHRA four-in-a-row

This article brought to you by:

26135ccb eaf0 491e aa15 53674dbbdeac

The last time Pro Stock fan favorite Shane Tucker arrived at New England Dragway, he qualified No. 4 and went to the second round of eliminations after defeating John Gaydosh in 2014. Three years later, Tucker is looking forward to competing at the New England Nationals once again and taking on the NHRA’s strenuous four-in-a-row ‘eastern swing’ in the month of June.

“Epping was one of my biggest highlights this far in my NHRA career,” Tucker said. “In the second session, we set a track record with a 6.49, which was the first Pro Stock car in the 6.40’s in Epping. That track record lasted about three pairs but it was still an achievement for our team in only our fifth NHRA event. We ended up qualifying No. 4 that race and went to the second round.”

Since their 2017 debut in Charlotte, the Auzmet Architectural/Rob Tucker Racing team has had one goal for each race: to improve at every event they attend. This year, the team has been running their own engine program and the Rob Tucker-led team has improved their performance one step at a time so far in 2017.

“Since we debuted our engine program, our goal was to improve at every race,” Tucker explained. “We qualified 15th in Charlotte and 13th in Atlanta so if we can get 11th or better this weekend, I think we would be fairly satisfied. As a driver, I want to be the best on the sheet after four sessions regardless of what the car is doing and maybe we can steal a round or four from the other teams on raceday.”

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine