Team APM win the Australian Nationals

This article brought to you by:

Starting the new ANDRA Pro Series Drag Racing season the way he finished the last, Top Alcohol young gun and national record holder Aaron Hambridge sent a clear message to his would-be competitors last weekend as he dominated the Fuchs Australian Nationals event in Sydney.
With a stout qualifying effort followed by the almost surgical elimination of his opponents, Hambridge showed that he will be a force to be reckoned with at coming events.

At the end of qualifying Hambridge had locked in fifth place and while the elapsed time was just a 5.859, the speed numbers (250mph) augured well for the elimination rounds to come. The fastest of the dragsters in the field, the team knew that making the first half of the race track stick was all important.

First round eliminations kicked off at the Fuchs Australian Nationals with Hambridge lining up against fourth place qualifier Adam Marchant. The pair had only met once previously and Hambridge was the victor but with Marchant in the form of his career it was going to be no easy battle. The Team APM dragster had clearly saved the best for the finals though with Hambridge stopping the Sydney Dragway clocks in just 5.508sec @ 254mph – under his own national elapsed time record!

With the first round out of the way, Hambridge was to face the stunning funny car of Paul Madill in the next round. The big red Dodge was a no-show however and so a solo pass was completed by Hambridge to try and secure lane choice for the final. A solid 5.62sec pass again at over 254mph was more than enough to do so.

At just after 5pm on the third and final day of the Australian Nationals, Aaron Hambridge lined up fellow NSW competitor and dragster pilot Wayne Newby for a battle for records, points and the coveted ANDRA Gold Christmas Tree. Both drivers left on clean greens but it would be the unstoppable Hambridge who took the win on the back of another strong 5.60sec pass at 251mph.

At the award presentation, Hambridge wholeheartedly thanked his sponsors including Fabre Australia for their continued support of the team. He also singled out Jamie Noonan from NRE for both the loan of the car and for the ongoing support and development of their X1 cylinder head program.

“I can’t go racing without my sponsors and with guys like Fabre behind me, I’m confident of putting in some good performances this season and hopefully having a real shot at the championship,” an obviously grateful Hambridge remarked.

“I also have to thank my family and crew for their efforts.”

Look out for updates on the team’s progress on the Team APM website.

For all enquiries including sponsorship package information for the 2011 ANDRA Pro Series Drag Racing Season, visit http://www.teamapm.com/

Aaron Hambridge and Team APM would like to thank their sponsors;
–    Advanced Performance Machining
–    Fabre Australia
–    NRE

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine