Shane Tucker takes new look into first 2018 NHRA appearance

This article brought to you by:

Hero Card Race Car email

Shane Tucker will roll out his Auzmet/Structglass Camaro for the first time in 2018 this weekend at the 64th annual Chevrolet Performance U.S. Nationals at Lucas Oil Raceway outside of Indianapolis.

While this will be the last race of the regular season for the full-time Pro Stock racers, Tucker will be battling to get his racing legs underneath him and qualify for the biggest drag racing event in the world. This will be Tucker’s fourth U.S. Nationals and he will be looking to improve on his previous best performance – a No. 14 qualifying effort and tough loss to Shane Gray in 2014.

“Every time you come to Indy you get excited,” Tucker said. “Our rookie season we qualified No. 14 and had a tough race against Shane Gray. We have come back two more times in 2016 and last year and come close to getting into the race but the field is just so tough. Qualifying is so tough and these cars are so quick. I love the competition and getting back together with the other drivers. We are going to give it our best but we also have five more races after Indy.”

Tucker and his Auzmet/Structglass Camaro team will be racing the rest of the season with the exclusion of the NHRA national event at Maple Grove Raceway in Reading, Pennsylvania. While Tucker will not be battling for the Mello Yello Pro Stock championship he could play a critical role on the outcome from Charlotte to Pomona since he knows he will have a competitive Pro Stock race car that could cause problems for the other teams.

“We are going to go out every race and try and get qualified and see what happens on Sunday,” Tucker said. “We are realistic but we also know that anything can happen. We have won rounds and beaten some of the established teams. This has been a great year for the underdog in NHRA when you look at some of the winners in the nitro categories. I don’t consider myself an underdog but we know what we can do. I am putting my entire focus on this team and doing my best when we get to the track.”

– Media release

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine