Forgot password? | Forgot username?
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » China

15-10-16 09:59:04
Dodge NHRA Nationals
Category: General Discussion
Forum: The Bench

The boys have just run a 3.80 in Q1 at Dallas; waiting to see where that puts them in the field.

02-10-16 20:52:34
Dodge NHRA Nationals

NHRA forced to cancel second round of qualifying due to rain. However, they have counted the times for the 4 cars that got down the track in Q2 before they pulled the pin, resulting in Terry McMillen being bumped. Surely if a round of qualifying is only partially completed the times recorded by the cars that got a pass in cannot be counted?
Every time I think the NHRA can't get any worse, they have to prove me wrong. And they wonder why the Pro Show is struggling....

China

05-09-16 09:30:04
Indy Nationals Top Fuel Qualifying Results

NHRA qualifying deal is stupid. If RAI were allowed to 'keep' the 3.81 from Q3 they would be in 15th spot but there are now two cars slower than that in the field. What a joke.

07-03-16 18:24:14

Congratulations to RAI (especially Junior) and the Nitro Madman team for running the country's quickest side-by-side fuel pass - 4.53 to 4.56. Awesome work with more to come!

31-07-15 19:24:05

Do we have enough Group 1 cars to support "2 Championships"?
Schedule for the "Big 3":

5th & 6th Feb 2016 Td, TA Westernats Motorplex
19th & 20th Feb TF, TA PSM Motorplex
5th & 6th Mar TF, TFMB, PS Motorplex
25th & 26th March TF, TA Willowbank

One direct conflict for PS with a venue to be confirmed
A meeting at AIR between the two Perth TF meetings
A meeting at Calder a fortnight after the Santo's meet at W'Bank

Fairly sure team owners will have to choose one or the other, not both. Meetings at Motorplex and Willowbank tracks with proven prep and good crowds or meetings at AIR, TBC, and Calder - a couple of unknowns in there as far as track conditions go, but pretty much guaranteed good crowd at Calder....interesting

And yes, I understand the Sportsman V Group 1 deal - I am lucky enough to own a Group 3 car and work on a fuel car....

17-03-15 12:22:21

Our flights are booked so I'm pretty sure there will be a couple of RAI cars there  default/smile

16-05-14 20:22:22

Ex Harris / Shacks (BTP) car....complete with scarf, hey Beggsy?!

27-03-14 18:52:22
Forum: Track Talk

cruzycuzz wrote:

So a 500 cuber is more expensive than a top fuel motor?

Based on the initial investment, yes - a prostock engine would be more expensive, but the ongoing component replacement for a fuel motor would probably push the cost higher over time. However, the Pro guys probably spend a heap on continuous R&D - a Pro car breaks walnuts with tweezers, a fuel car uses a sledgehammer.
Based on my observations, the dollars involved in putting a fuel car on the track are loose change compared to what it costs to keep the thing there....

Alan

15-02-14 19:19:09

A search of Google for 'event cancellation insurance' throws up several companies who issue periodic or one-off policies for events cancelled due to a number of reasons, including inclement weather. Is this type of cover worth investigating, or has been looked at and been found too expensive / not applicable?

Alan

01-09-13 20:12:57
U.S. Nationals

If positions stayed as they are (I know they won't), TJ would run Damo in the first round!

Also, awesome stuff for the team - on the cover of the Sep 6 edition of National Dragster magazine...

02-10-12 11:37:35
Category: Technical

I'm puting together a N/A BBC (460ci) for duty in a Grp 3 Altered. The original plan was to go injected (Bird & tunnel ram). I have the hat & manifold but have to admit the brain (& wallet) is going to cop a hammering sorting out everything else required. I am curious if going an alcohol carb setup may be simpler (and cheaper?). If anyone has any experience / thoughts I would welcome them.

Thanks

Alan

20-08-12 08:26:14

I know it's only a small step, but a step nonetheless - congratulations to the boys for going a round at Brainerd this weekend!

Alan

• Index
  • » Users
  • » China

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
mikesspeedshop
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
mud49

aeroflow ofp

Rocket ofp

vpw-new-logo

logo for Drag News
gulfwestern

dnm25cover

Single Issue  Subscription

Would you like to contact Drag News? Send an email to our team by clicking This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. We'd love to hear from you.

Would you like to advertise on Australia's most popular drag racing site? Contact Drag News Australia This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for our rate sheet or to discuss opportunities.

DNA's T&C's