Moits Racing, Sydney Dragway and IHRA Australia combine for a good cause

This article brought to you by:

AF1E3994

On Wednesday March 6th, drag racing will take a backseat as racers and administrators combine to raise funds for a great cause.

The Walk 4 Duchenne event will take place from Monday March 4th, covering 172 kilometres over six days across Sydney to visit schools with students affected by Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, a rare disease affecting 1 in 3,500 boys and 1 in 50 million girls.

Members of Moits Racing, the reigning Pro Slammer champions will pair with Sydney Dragway General Manager Peter Beaumont, and IHRA Australia CEO Maurice Allen to walk the third leg of the six day trek – a journey that will cover 41 kilometres on foot in a single day.

“When the Moits team first asked me to be involved in a walk for a good cause – I said absolutely!” commented Peter Beaumont.

“They left out the part where it detailed how far we had to walk! In all seriousness, as a father of two it is great to be able to do something to help raise awareness and money for a disease that is so indiscriminate and brutal, and hopefully through these kinds of events, we can help find a cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.”

On Wednesday March 6th, the team will walk a route that will take them from Horsley Park in Sydney’s West, through the hometown of Sydney Dragway in the city of Blacktown, and will finish at Castle Hill in Sydney’s North West.

IHRA Australia CEO Maurice Allen is making the trip from Melbourne to Sydney to be a part of the event and is enthusiastic about the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young people.

“As a father of three boys, I can’t imagine what it is like for the families and the young people suffering with this horrible disease. If we have to cop a bit of pain to make life better for them, then it is the least we can do,” said Allen.

Fundraising has already begun with longstanding 400 Thunder Partner OVO chipping in with a significant donation, as well as fundraising efforts at Sydney Dragway’s Race 4 Real on Wednesday night.

Anyone wishing to donate can do so by visiting https://walk4duchenne.com.au/walkers/moits/.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine