World Fuel Altered Challenge to ignite Sydney Dragway with Aeroflow Nitro Hot Rods taking on world

This article brought to you by:

worldfuelaltered

Fuel Altered Dragsters are arguably the most exciting vehicles in drag racing and with the help of the Aeroflow Nitro Hot Rods, Sydney Dragway will host an amazing 10 nitro-powered, short-wheel-based beasts on September 21, 2019 for the World Fuel Altered Challenge!

The 10 cars and drivers will travel from around the globe to take on the best from Australia.

Four American cars, two New Zealanders and four Australians are set to battle it out at what will be the biggest ever gathering of Fuel Altereds ever seen outside of North America.

Leading the American challenge will be Ron Hope in the world-famous Rat Trap with the team’s first trip to Australia.

Ron explained, “I can’t wait to get to Australia for this one-off race and to have that many Fuel Altereds from all over the world in one place will be phenomenal. Our team has a passion for these cars, so this will just be amazing!”

Not to be overshadowed however, Ron will joined by three very iconic cars in Pure Hell, Randy Bradford’s Fiat and High Heaven.

Ron continued, “When I called the guys to see who was interested in racing in Australia, well I think they all started packing their bags that night!”

ShaneOlive AAFA 2989 020918 30

New Zealand will have a two-pronged attack at the title with ex-pat Kiwi, Morice McMillin in Spooky and “Dangerous” Dave Gould who will be shipping Nightmare across the Tasman to compete at this landmark event.

McMillin is excited for this awesome opportunity and explained, “Anytime you represent your country it’s an honour, hopefully Dave and myself can do the Silver Fern proud.”

“As a kid I used to dream of watching Pure Hell race, to think we will be competing against that car just seems like a dream!”

Defending their home turf of Australia will be the Aeroflow Nitro Hot Rods lead by the experienced nitro hot shoe, Shane Olive. “We started the Aeroflow Hot Rods show a couple of years ago and to think we are going to be hosting the World Fuel Altered Challenge with some of the world famous fuel Altereds is almost a little daunting but I can’t wait to get amongst it!”

Shane and the rest of the Australian team are determined to keep the World Fuel Altered Challenge trophy on home soil. Olive smiled “I’ll tell you now, our headquarters are here in Sydney and we plan on keeping that World Fuel Altered Challenge trophy in the Aeroflow race shop!”

Sydney Dragway’s Pete Beaumont beamed with excitement about the event, “For us, this is truly a world-class event, it’s fitting that in the year of our 15th anniversary we can host an event like this at Sydney Dragway. The drive and passion of the team at Aeroflow Nitro Hot Rods has helped make this whole deal come together. These cars scare me and I would never even consider sitting in one, this is going to be a spectacle for everyone and we can’t wait.”

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine