MacLean back in the mix for Winternationals

This article brought to you by:

Scott MacLean will return to the 400 Thunder Pro Slammer series at the upcoming Gulf Western Oil Winternationals at Willowbank Raceway.

Once a Darwin resident but now a Queenslander, MacLean has been occupied with building his business back home, which meant taking a break from the quarter mile.

But with Australia’s biggest drag racing event right on his doorstep, MacLean is unable to resist taking part.

“We are not in contention for the championship, but we are happy that we are able to attend the Winternationals and all the crew are stoked we are going racing again,” he said. “Everyone knows the Winternationals has the best field of racers, the best track conditions and the best atmosphere.”

It was 12 months ago at the same track where MacLean set everyone talking following a 5.57 pass in testing, only to snap his Achilles tendon in the celebrations after the run. He then missed the field for the Winternationals despite running a 5.83 second time.

Drag News Magazine Subscriptions from $14.95 – click here

“That’s drag racing for you,” he said. “You can be on top one day and then you’re back on the trailer way earlier than you wanted. My leg injury made the ‘foot swap’ (to launch the car) difficult so we never really saw our full potential at last year’s Winternationals.”

MacLean believes that the team has just as much a chance at coming away with the Winternationals win as any of the teams entered.

“We haven’t been out at the last few events but we have a lot of data for Willowbank and my crew chief Darren Mayer is one of the most talented guys out there,” he said. “I’m looking forward to getting back in the seat, joining my hard working team and making some runs in front of a big Queensland crowd.”

MacLean will be taking on a star-studded field that also includes Paul Mouhayet, John Zappia, Victor and Ben Bray, Mark Hinchelwood and more.

The Gulf Western Oil Winternationals runs from June 6 to 9 at Willowbank Raceway.

– MacLean Motorsport Media Release

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine