Shane Tucker makes most of Friday qualifying in Chicago

This article brought to you by:

Shane Tucker photo by MRebilas

After two qualifying sessions at Route 66 Raceway Shane Tucker is confident in his race car’s performance and its chances for improvement tomorrow. The Auzmet/StructGlass Chevrolet Camaro Pro Stock race car sits in the No. 13 qualified position going into the final day of qualifying at the Route 66 NHRA Nationals. With two more sessions on the schedule the driver from Australia is looking to break into the top half of the field for race day.

“I definitely think there is more performance in this Auzmet/Structglass Camaro,” said Tucker. “We will have cooler conditions tomorrow and with good air we can run quicker. I love racing Chicago. I have had success here and I would love to be a position to go rounds on Sunday.”

In the opening session Tucker took his Chevrolet Camaro to the finish line stripe with a solid 6.658 second pass at 207.78 mph. An hour later Tucker was back on track and posted a nearly identical 6.657 second, 206.23 mph pass to secure the No. 13 spot.

“Our goal is to continue to make good runs and not hurt the motor. We are getting good information and (crew chief) Rob (Tucker) and (engine supplier) Nick (Ferri) are working together to get the most out of the race track. We will get back at it tomorrow and try and move up.”

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine