Brennan settles for second

This article brought to you by:

Maurice Brennan has put last year’s nightmare season behind him by claiming the runner up honours in Top Comp at the Perth Motorplex Season Opener.

The World’s quickest Commodore pilot was elated just to make the finals, saying that his second placing “felt as good as first” compared to last season’s sickening string of average results.

With the car set up in AA/AP trim, Brennan narrowly lost with an untidy 6.40 second lap to Top Doorslammer stalwart Robin Judd’s 5.88, with only five thousandths of a second separating the cars at the stripe.

“This a great way to say thanks to my sponsors, particularly Joondalup Carpet Court and Crown Integrated Systems, who trusted us that we’d get back in the zone, despite our year from hell last season. And my crew who’ve worked so hard in the off season; they were inspirational all week in the lead up to the race and put me in the car with the highest of confidence.”

Brennan was also quick to acknowledge the wisdom of newly acquired tuning advisor, John McGrath, whose insights had made sense of where they had gone wrong previously.

“John just carries so much knowledge, it’s scary!” Brennan said, amazed by the insights that McGrath had brought to the team. “His depth of experience is worthy of a book, and his skills are in extremely high demand, so we are very privileged to have secured him for the season.”

With one round of the local championship down, attention now turns to the prestigious Goldenstates in three weeks where the world’s quickest Commodore will take another shot at qualifying for an ANDRA Pro Series event.

“It was pie in the sky for us last year,” a soul searching Brennan said, but this year, we feel like we know more what’s required, so we’ve very excited about the opportunity to run with the big boys and hopefully make the field.”

The next opportunity to see Brennan in action will be the Goldenstates at the Perth Motorplex, 18 and 19 November, where both Top Doorslammer and Top Alcohol will embark on their second rounds of the ANDRA Pro Series.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine