Stage set for Bray’s season start

This article brought to you by:

Father and son duo Victor and Ben Bray will be looking to make history repeat at Sydney Dragway this weekend as the 2012/2013 Top Doorslammer championship chase begins with the Australian Nationals.

The Australian Nationals has been a happy hunting ground for Sidchrome’s Team Bray in the past, with Ben breaking through as the youngest ever event winner in 2002 at just 17 years and 2 months of age.

The youngster then went on to win three of the next four outings of the event and claim the 2003 season title – making him the youngest-ever winner of a professional drag racing championship anywhere in the world at the time.

“The Australian Nationals has certainly hosted some pretty amazing memories for me and for the team,” said Ben Bray, who today holds three series championships (two in Top Doorslammer and one for the Top Alcohol category).

“With a really busy off-season which saw us set records and take wins during the Slamfest series and get some really great data with our new engine components, I know the golden times in Sydney can return for us and we will sure be chasing them this weekend.”

Spurring the pair on is not only their new engine combination and recent successes at the Slamfest Eighth Mile Series, but also a shot across the bow from reigning category champion John Zappia at the 2011/2012 season-closing event.

Six-time ANDRA Top Doorslammer Series Champion Victor Bray said he was looking forward to the season-opener.

“The Top Doorslammer season-opener at Sydney Dragway this weekend is shaping up to be a real spectacular event with lots of racing and extra entertainment,” said Victor Bray.

“We are very excited to be a part of it and to see the new season underway after what has been a busy off-season for the entire Team Bray outfit.

“With some solid testing of our new combination under our belts and a new season ahead, we will be looking to make the most of the weekend.

“There has been some talk also of John Zappia’srecent promise to go after my record of six Top Doorslammer national titles, so I am sure that will be in the back of the minds of the team as we look to get this eight-round season off to a promising start!”

Successes during the ANDRA off-season for Team Bray include winning (Ben) and record-setting (Victor) appearances during the recent Slamfest Eighth Mile Series and a win by Ben during the Brisbane Jamboree with his new Nissan Altima.

Also keeping the team busy were a workshop trade night for more than 200 Auto Partners mechanics and workshop employees; the Powercruise burn-out competition for both father and son; appearances at the 50th running of the Bathurst 1000 as part of the official on-track entertainment; a co-host appearance on ABC’s Grandstand motorsports program by Ben; and participation in the Campaign4Chloe fun day to raise funds for Kingaroy youngster Chloe Blinco-Kregenbrink.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine