Thompson on top in first full season

This article brought to you by:

Adam Thompson proved that getting the right advice and spending the time to sort out a consistent race car will get results, winning the WA Super Street championship in his first full season of competition.

Adam ThompsonThompson and his Ford XB Fairmont even went to the final round of the Westernationals, a major accomplishment for a relative rookie in the sport.

“We did two meetings before this season but pulled out because the car was inconsistent,” he said.

“I thought we would try again this season and I was never expecting to win a championship.

“I’m surrounded by some smart guys and that all helps as you learn; it’s a lot to take in.”

Thompson’s Ford is powered by a 6.2 litre Cleveland V8 that makes almost 600 horsepower and has pushed the big sedan to a 10.90sec. for the quarter mile.

The challenge now is to see if the results can be repeated next season.

“I want to see if can be a bit more consistent and if we do really well I’d like to travel interstate and chase the national championship,” he said.

“The Westernationals was pretty full on and just to be part of it was huge; I made a mistake in the final but it’s something you learn from.”

Thompson said the people he competes against are the most enjoyable part of his racing.

“Everything is fun, we all have a good time,” he said.

As for future goals in the sport, if dollars were not a factor Thompson said he would love to step up into Supercharged Outlaws. 

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine