Bishop and Grohn look to Winternationals for top performances

This article brought to you by:

Stuart Bishop and his Diamond Doorslammer will be looking for the ‘Top Five’ at the Castrol EDGE Winternationals at Willowbank Raceway this weekend.

The Stuart Bishop Racing team entered the 2009/2010 ANDRA Pro Series Top Doorslammer season with a goal of being in the top five of the title chase at the end of the season, and they now head into the season-ending event in that exact spot.

While looking to maintain and establish that position this weekend, the team also admits to having their eye on the number four spot.

“When we started out this season we had two goals – to run a five second pass and to finish the season in the top five, and so far it looks like we have achieved both,” said Bishop.

“Our first five second pass came in the latter part of 2009 and we have since backed that up with similar performances, and now heading into the season-final we are placed fifth on the championship ladder.

“So the Winternationals – where there are 20 Doorslammers entered for 8 spots – will be all about doing our absolute best, and establishing that number five spot – and who knows, we will keep our eye on the number four spot as well as you never know…”

Also playing on the minds of the team will be impressing the new major sponsor of the Brisbane-based outfit, Torco Oils.

“Stuart Bishop Racing could not be happier to be announcing Torco Oils as a major sponsor of the team and the Diamond Doorslammer, starting with this weekend at the Winternationals,” said Bishop.

“Not that we need any extra motivation, but everyone can be assured that we will be pulling out all the stops to welcome Torco to the team, at the largest drag racing event outside of the US, with a bang!”

While Stuart Bishop will be taking on all comers in Top Doorslammer, Wallace Bishop Jewellers Junior Jem driver Cody Grohn will be enjoying his last ever Junior Dragster event – stepping aside for fellow team member Josh Taylor for the 2010/2011 season.

“Everyone laughs because last year it was supposed to be my last season and my last Winternationals, but we were able to continue for another season because of my birthday,” said Grohn.

“This time really is it though! After June, I am stepping aside and Josh Taylor, the son of SBR truck driver Jeff Taylor, will be taking over the Wallace Bishop Jewellers Junior Jem.

“I won this event back in 2008, so you can be assured I will be doing everything I can to go out with a bang so to speak this weekend.”

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine