Abel to debut Doorslammer this Saturday

This article brought to you by:

National ANDRA Pro Series competitor Matt Abel is set to debut his newly acquired Ford BA Top Doorslammer at the 2010 Farewell Special at Hidden Valley Drag Strip on Saturday night.

Having only recently purchased the car, this will be the first time Abel will get behind the wheel of the new combination.

Early in 2009 Abel was offered an opportunity to expand his driving talents to the national stage with a deal between Karcher Australia and Team Bray Racing which he immediately jumped on and saw him compete in the Australian Top Doorslammer Championship.

“During the 2009/2010 season I’ve been developing a package with Victor Bray in the Karcher 57 Chev” said Abel. “A chance came up in June this year to purchase my own Doorslammer and I jumped at it.”

“I’m not expecting to reset any track records this weekend but I’m looking forward to using the time to get some practice under my belt before the start of the 2010/2011 ANDRA Pro Series season.”

With a personal best of 5.98 seconds at 244mph Abel is the fastest Territorian to compete in the ANDRA Pro Series.

ANDRA Pro Series Drag Racing is Australia’s premier drag racing series, contested in state of the art facilities around the country.

In 2009, more than a hundred professional drag racers criss-crossed the Australian continent in pursuit of the championship across the Pro Series classes – Top Fuel, Top Doorslammer, Top Alcohol, Top Bike, Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle.

Gates open at 2pm, qualifying sessions at 3pm and feature racing from 7pm.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine