All signs point to Top Alcohol for Davison

This article brought to you by:

markdavison-winternationalssaturday6thjune2015-417.jpg

A new name will take the field in Top Alcohol at Sydney Dragway for the East Coast Nationals November 7-8.

Mark Davison (Parkridge South, QLD) will campaign his Signhut.com.au Altered alongside the Funny Cars and Dragsters fans are accustomed to seeing in the category.

A passionate Group Two Competition Eliminator competitor, Davison discussed the switch with his family and decided to make the leap despite a small cube, low overdrive combination.

If they enjoy the transition, it will make the move to a large cube, high overdrive combination much easier.

“I’m a passionate Group Two racer, I love the bracket,” said Davison.

“So it was a hard decision as the guys in Group Two are great and hard racers. Index racing is a weird science to play but a big challenge at the same time and I like a challenge so we will be back.

“The car in Group Two trim is capable of running into the five-second zone but you always hold back in Group Two saving your index and records. So now it’s time to see how hard we can push it and not worry about hurting our national record.”

By keeping the car ready for Competition Eliminator it allows Davison to enter Round 4 of the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series at Warwick Dragway November 28-29.

Davison is a keen supporter of the eighth-mile track in South East Queensland and urged racers to support the first ever National Championship event in Warwick.

“Warwick Dragway deserve the support from racers for taking on this Summit round with a lot of time and money invested in the race surface and track facilities.

“Plus who can resist the after race parties at Warwick Dragway? Hopefully more Group Two, Three and Four racers will come and enjoy this event.”

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine