Leahy family heading to Sydney for Aeroflow Triple Challenge

This article brought to you by:

aonfc 040

Queensland’s Greg Leahy will be in attendance along with the rest of the Aeroflow Outlaw Nitro Funny Car brigade for the 2015 season finale – the Aeroflow Triple Challenge event on December 12.

Leahy, driver of the Star Wars themed ‘Stromtrooper’ returns to the site of his career best elapsed time of 5.75 seconds ran at the corresponding event in 2014, when driving the Harbour City Hustler.

“I can’t wait to get back to Sydney for the Aeroflow Triple Challenge event,” said Leahy. “The last time we ran the Stormtrooper car in Queensland we made two runs over 250MPH – it won’t come as a surprise if we repeat this again in Sydney.”

“I’d also like to better my personal best elapsed time, it would be good to have run my quickest time in my own car.”

Leahy is also looking to stand on top of the podium after narrowly missing the last couple of event wins.

“The last two times that we have run the car (Mackay and Willowbank) we have finished second, so to finish the year of with a win would be the icing on the cake,” said Leahy.

Third generation racer Josh Leahy – and driver of the ‘Nitro Sheriff’ Chevrolet Camaro wheelstander – can’t wait to make the trip to Sydney for the Triple Challenge event.

“The effort that has gone into making the Triple Challenge event a reality is remarkable. Without a doubt this is going to be the biggest event that the series has ever seen – let alone the event will provide something for all motorsport enthusiasts with Outlaw Nitro Funny Cars to burnout displays and drifting,” he said.

Greg and Josh Leahy will also be making the trek across the Nullarbor for the opening round of the 2016 season at the Perth Motorplex on January 9 as the series continues to build in stature and size.

“The series is going from strength to strength,” said Greg Leahy. “Graeme and Wendy Cowin through Rocket Industries and Aeroflow Performance Products have developed a new and exciting format for drag racing in Australia. The series will be making its inaugural trip to Perth in January, which is going to be excellent. Perth love Nitro Funny Cars – not to mention that there are so many cars in the build stage about to join the series.”

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine