VALE: Harry White

This article brought to you by:

13729192 1047087591994884 121496881168090185 n

Drag News is saddened to hear of the passing of popular drag racing identity Harry White.

A former racer, Harry became well known through his long standing role as South Australian Divisional Director and Executive Director of ANDRA.

A extremely popular figure, Harry sadly succumbed to his battle with cancer yesterday.

Former ANDRA CEO Tony Thorton posted this fitting remembrance on his Facebook page following Harry’s passing.

“He’s been battling cancer since late last year and when I saw him last Sunday things were clearly at a difficult point. He was famous for his clipboard with “STOP” written on the back. I’m sure he held that up for the last time today. I met Harry in the late seventies and we raced together and later got involved with ANDRA. He shared many of the tough decisions on that side and the sport and I were much better off for that. As he would say, he’s in the “gold pits” now. God speed Dirty Harry.”

Drag News Magazine staff extend our deepest sympathies and condolences to Harry’s family and many friends.

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine