Record-breaking Chaisty has Westernats on his mind

This article brought to you by:

04a4886b 4f64 4bfd bc18 a645e90455c2

WA’s Jake Chaisty is looking forward to racing at his home track’s Westernationals event this weekend after returning home from a successful trip to Victoria’s Twilight Nationals.

The Westernationals will be held at the Perth Motorplex across March 2 and 3 and will mark the penultimate round of the 18/19 Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series. It will also feature the hotly-anticipated West Coast Challenge for Top Doorslammer and Top Fuel Motorcycle racers.

The Wattle Grove racer heads to the ‘Westernats’ fresh from a record-breaking effort at the last round of the Championship, where he reset the national H/MSA ET and Speed records to 5.870 seconds and 117.51 miles per hour on his way to the finals in his Holden Commodore LS.

“We weren’t chasing the record in particular, it just came about as part of our racing – you have to go quick and if you set the record then that is just a bonus,” Chaisty said.

“I haven’t done much racing on the eighth mile distance (660ft) but with a tough field and racing on the short track you have to go fast to go rounds and there is no room for lifting off.

“The field is really catching up to each other and racing has been close, which is great.

With the Twilight Nationals behind him, Chaisty – currently third in the Super Stock Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series points standings – says he is looking forward to racing at home in the Super Stock bracket.

“It is really fun to race the big meetings at home, to have the Goldenstates and the Westernationals at the Perth Motorplex is pretty cool,” Chaisty said.

“The preparation for this weekend has been pretty straight forward. We drove straight back from Mildura and got into the usual maintenance and changed a few things.

“I will just go out there and race the best I can and see what happens. There is no point stressing about it, I will take each round as it comes.

“When it comes to the championship, I am just going with the flow. We travelled to Portland and Mildura to race at some great regional tracks and for more experience, while also enjoying a holiday. If I have enough points to be in the competition for the championship that will be great, but I will just see where I end up after this weekend.

“There are a lot of people going for it and it is tough out there for sure, we will just do what we can and see what happens,” said the racer, who thanks A1 High Performance, C&R Motorsport Developments, Applied Automotive and Motorsport Database for their support.

The penultimate round of the 18/19 Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series, the Westernationals, will be held at the Perth Motorplex across March 2-3 ahead of the ANDRA Grand Final event which will also be held at the Motorplex (April 6-7, 2019). For event information, visit www.motorplex.com.au or www.andra.com.au

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine