Jarrod Wood sets new best for Australian radial turbo

This article brought to you by:

jarrodwood

Jarrod Wood is now Australia’s quickest and fastest turbo racer on radial tyres following a 3.83/205mph pass at the Sweet 16 event at South Georgia Motorsports Park on Friday.

The Victorian racer shipped his Ford Mustang to the USA, where he plans on leaving the car to attend some more big radial events. It’s a case of preferring a one day flight to a two day tow to Willowbank Raceway, which is currently the only track in Australia to host regular radial prep events.

“I wanted to go fast and be able to race when I can, so having the car based at TKM Performance in North Carolina means I can fly over to race between work commitments,” he said. “With limited races in Australia for radial cars it works out much better for me as it’s a long way from Melbourne to Willowbank to race.” 

The Mustang, which became the first car to run a three second radial pass on Australian soil last year, was lightened and given a complete overhaul before coming out at Sweet 16, with a new engine and trans combo along with a FuelTech FT600. The changes paid off for Wood on just the car’s ninth hit. The run bettered Jeremy Martin’s 3.84 and 204mph bests in his Commodore back in October, 2018.

“We were super happy with that pass. We only had nine hits on what was basically a new car. We can slowly creep up on it now and see what the car can do. The front numbers are good.”

Wood now plans to get to some more testing in before hitting up a few Carolina N/T series races.

Check out the video of Wood’s run below.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine