Who’s afraid of the big, bad Buell?

This article brought to you by:

ToddHinkley PSM 3894 220314 01

The name Tony Hinkley may not be familiar to many as a Pro Stock Motorcycle entrant but that is likely to change as he heads into the Southern Nationals with one of the quickest bikes in the country.

The Western Australian will be riding the ex-Brett Stevens Racing Buell (pictured above with Denis Ackland in testing) which won consecutive championships in 2007 and 2008 with Dion Prowse and Peter Cochrane aboard.

The bike ended up in the hands of Pro Stock driver Jason Grima and the search for a competitive ride led Hinkley to the PC Cranes team.

“I think this was a case of right time, right place and over the last six months this has developed to me testing the bike at Sydney Dragway last weekend and attaining my Pro Stock Motorcycle licence,” he said. “I feel very humbled by the opportunity to ride the bike and am looking forward working with Steve Stanley (crew chief) and crew members Denis Ackland (also mentor) and Rick Wood.”

Hinkley said there was a lot to get used to compared to his eight second Kawasaki that he ran in Modified Bike.

“The bike is nothing like I have ridden before and will take some time to adjust, the torque is incredible,” he said. “The aim is to improve over the season to a point where I can do our sponsor PC Cranes, along with Jason Grima Motorsport’s commitment, justice with some fast, competitive times and performances.

“This is a quantum leap for us and it has been hard to adjust but the professionalism and friendliness of the team has made it a bit easier. I know I still have a lot to learn and I am excited about the opportunity.”

The Southern Nationals will be the first round of the Pro Stock Motorcycle series for the season and will have seven bikes competing.

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine