Strong steps forward with new package for Jodanna Pullen

This article brought to you by:

AE4R7555

The weekend’s FUCHS Winternationals hosted the competitive debut in the Super Stock bracket for FemRPM’s Jodanna Pullen.

With a new car combination including a new power supply from BRE, Pullen was able to qualify sixth from a field of 13 cars with a 7.52 second pass at 182 miles per hour (approximately 292.90km/h).

Making this feat even more impressive was the fact that the new engine combo had only arrived the week before, two days prior to the official pre-event ‘Winters Warm-Up’ test weekend.

“I hadn’t completed a full pass until the second qualifying session on the Friday of the event, and on that first full pass I was able to set a 7.53 second pass at 179 miles per hour,” said the Brisbane resident

“In the third session I was able to improve that even further to be just -0.31 seconds off the class index and sixth fastest from the 13-strong category, which is just awesome for my first outing.

“Given that we have raced a ‘pro street’ style of race car for the past 12 years in Super Sedan and that it has been more than 12 months since I completed my licensing in this car, it was important that we use the event as a testing opportunity with the car set-up in ‘safe mode’, especially when we have a brand new package in the car.”

When it came to race day, the team encountered some small issues which unfortunately forced a withdrawal from the first round of racing.

“While we had some small issues uncovered during the warm-up process for round one, we are very happy with the progress so far and it is clear that we have the power at our disposal, so we will just have to keep working at it and creep up on it ,” said Pullen, who is a commercial key account manager for Puma Energy.

“It has certainly been a big learning experience for us but once we get on top of the set-up I think we will be a force to be reckoned with in the Super Stock bracket, especially in the B/APA class

“The team and I are looking forward to undertaking a lot of testing and racing locally at Willowbank Raceway in the lead-up to the next National event, which will be held in Sydney towards the end of the year.

“I have to send a special thanks to my sponsors SP Tools, CDI Industries, Warwick Paint and Panel, Bob and Suzanna Book of BRE; as well as my crew and Rob Tucker Racing for their guidance and mentorship along this journey.”

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine