Bektash’s Mopar small block world beater

This article brought to you by:

AE4R0067

One of Australia’s most accomplished drag racing stars, Lee Bektash, has proven to be truly world-class when the Team Mopar Australia pilot dominated the ANDRA Pro Stock timecards at the 2014 Fuchs Winternationals and at the same time, became the world’s fastest naturally-aspirated small block sedan.

“It’s a great feeling, of course,” exclaimed an elated Bektash.

“The whole crew have done an amazing job, this is as much about them as it is me.

“We made a great call enlisting the services of Tomi Laine and he has been responsible for all race car development for the last four years, the results are paying off. The Mopar car is a bullet.”

However, for the Team Mopar Australia outfit, the world record is just the beginning.

“Our goal is to run the first 200mph run in Australian Pro Stock.”

Bektash’s secret weapon is a new engine, which will arrive for the next round of ANDAR Pro Stock as the series heads north.

The new engine combination has been in development by Bob Book for over 18 months and is key to helping guide Bektash to more ANDRA gold.

Talking about his epic showdown with Pro Stock young gun Aaron Tremayne, Bektash explained, “The semi-final race between myself and Aaron has really raised the bar between us and I am looking forward to the challenge and rivalry between us.

“It’s great to be part of Australia’s drag racing history and run a 6.96 side by side.

“On the run I shut it off at 6.8 and thought I’d won the race until I saw his brother running towards him to congratulate him on his efforts.

“We both had red-lighted and me by the biggest margin, having said that, I believe my driving at the moment is the best it’s ever been.

“The two of us are at 4 to 3 with wins going his way, his success in Group 1 racing has put him at the top, that’s who I want to race that’s who I want to beat, and more world records would be great too!” smiled the Chrysler pilot.

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine