Record setting weekend at Sydney Dragway

This article brought to you by:

PaulMouhayet EX 1742 110715 23

The Paul Mouhayet driven Moits Mustang has raised the benchmark for a turbo powered car at Sydney Dragway again last weekend blasting a 5.892 at 254mph in perfect boost making weather.

With Sydney Dragway keen to have the turbo record back under their belts after Mouhayet’s 5.93 record setting run a couple of weeks ago at Willowbank Raceway, the Moits Mustang was back on track still with the big shoes fitted.

PaulMouhayet EX 1742 110715 17

An earlier 5.96 pass set up the record run, “Massive thanks to my crew, we made a change between the first and second run that was either going to help us or haunt us. It paid off!” said Mouhayet.

PaulMouhayet EX 1742 110715 14

And there was a parting shot to the Top Doorslammer field that Mouhayet wants desperately to accept turbo machines.

The car has run six five second passes in a row, this proves we can mix it with the blower guys, and we are at Top Doorslammer weight – 2735 pounds with 94mm turbos,” he said.

PaulMouhayet EX 1742 110715 25

And an ominous warning for what is to come.

“Remember this is our little 10.5 car, wait until the big car gets here! – watch this space because we are just getting a handle on this stuff,” he said.

AlexCirtoski OTF 3174 110715 13

That was not the only turbo record achieved on the day, Alex Cirtoski shook up the Sport Compact scene with the quickest pass in the world for a R33 GTS-T Skyline – 7.305 at 190mph.

“Big thanks to my crew Deni Petrusevski, Nik Mitrevski and the boys who have stuck around with the good and bad of the sport. Hypertune, Als Race Glides and Street Car Fabrication, so many thanks with all your support in getting me where I am today – Jambo here we come,” said Cirtoski.

Drag News Magazine is NOW IN PRINT – Get your copy below and help the sport keep a dedicated drag racing magazine.

dnamagarticle

Email Address
Phone Number

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine