It was a brutal five tracks in five days and over 1500km in between for this year's Street Machine Drag Challenge. As usual there was a fair bit of drama on and off the track with mechanical mayhem, and unfortunate traffic accidents.
You can read about those accidents here - http://dragnews.com.au/news-all/local-news/3640-two-street-machine-drag-week-contenders-badly-damaged-in-road-accidents.html
The week started at Calder Park before moving to Heathcote and Mildura, the series then christened the brand new Swan Hill venue in place of a too wet Portland ahead of the final days racing back at Calder Park. By the end, and standing on the top of the outright leader board was Brendan "Bubba" Medlyn with a combined ET of 38.7879 seconds, his twin turbo Holden powered VH outgunning some of his more fancied rivals all without running a seven second pass. Adam Rogash wrapped up second in his HSV Clubsport with a 39.0957 time ahead of Mark Drew (39.3929), Terry Seng (39.6079) and Jarrod Wood (39.6895) in some tight competition.
The Top 10 outright were: 1. Bubba Medlyn - 38.7879, 2. Adam Rogash - 39.0957, 3. Mark Drew - 39.3929, 4. Terry Seng - 39.6079, 5. Jarrod Wood - 39.6895, 6. Brendan Cherry - 41.1614, 7. Graeme Horner - 41.5825, 8. Luke Grima - 41.5978, 9. Luke Foley - 41.9771, 10. Todd Foley - 42.4883.
Overall there were four classes fighting out for individual class bragging right plus a dial your own class or those taking the challenge a little less serious and not able to challenge the heavy hitters. Final class result were:
1. Bubba Medlyn VH Commodore - 38.7879
2. Jarrod Wood HQ Tonner - 39.6895
3. Brendan Cherry HQ Monaro - 41.1614
1.Adam Rogash HSV Clubsport - 39.0957
2. Mark Drew Torana - 39.3929
3. Terry Seng VC Commodore - 39.6079
1. Steve Micallef HQ Holden - 44.1085
2. Jon Mitchell - Dodge Challenger - 50.2496
3. Andrew Mclellan - Plymouth Barracuda - 50.2727
1. Alon Vella Ford Capri - 43.0354
2. Nathan Ghosn Ford Capri - 46.3555
3. Daryl Elliott LH Torana - 48.0871
Dial Your Own
1. Benny Philips '68 HK Holden - 0.0067
2. Alysha Teale HQ Holden - 0.0101
3. John Kerr Mercury Comet - 0.0126
You can see the full list of results on the Street Machine website here: https://www.streetmachine.com.au/events/drag-challenge/1610/drag-challenge-2016-full-results-day-five-gallery