Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Brought to you by

Forgot password? | Forgot username?

Nitro Champs 2013 Official Thread

Re: Nitro Champs 2013 Official Thread

Will Gary Phillips be racing his Funny Car after his accident in his Top Doorslammer?

Hopefully his back in doorslammer soon even if it is in the Studebaker.

Safe racing to everyone this weekend.

And c'mon Victor bring home another win your right in the championship hunt, may not be the quickest but definitely 1 of the most consistent cars out there at the moment.

Also not sure if anyone has realised but Victor is the only guy to beat Zap this season. Don't think Victor liked zap's comment saying he is after his 6 straight championships and I don't think zap will do it.

Aaron

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

azza86 wrote:

Will Gary Phillips be racing his Funny Car after his accident in his Top Doorslammer?

And c'mon Victor bring home another win your right in the championship hunt, may not be the quickest but definitely 1 of the most consistent cars out there at the moment.

Also not sure if anyone has realised but Victor is the only guy to beat Zap this season. Don't think Victor liked zap's comment saying he is after his 6 straight championships and I don't think zap will do it.

Aaron

I have heard that Gary won't be competing at all in this event.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Enforcer wrote:

Thanks Enforcer not good news for his bid in the championship but health and safety must come 1st for Gary and Debbie.

Let's hope there back soon.

Enforcer wrote:

azza86 wrote:

Aaron

Well he had the funny car out of the trailer and the guys were working on it yesterday so it looks like he is racing!

Matt Ramsay wrote:

Enforcer wrote:

azza86 wrote:

Aaron

Well he had the funny car out of the trailer and the guys were working on it yesterday so it looks like he is racing!

A bloody gutsy effort and I told him so.
Would he have required a medical clearance ?

So no ones got nuthing to say about the event?? The racing looked quite good from my computer screen and there were certainly a couple of issues that I thought would've got a mention. Guess we are all too busy with social media these days.

Man the silence on the net in the minutes after Mathiesons off had me worried. Glad he got out of it pretty good considering.

Have a look and like my face book page 'Top Fuel Promotions'.

A bit slow now but once the season starts it will be the place on fb to catch up with what is going on in the 3 nitro classes. All positive, I promise!

Hands down the best event I have ever attended.. Unfortunately I could not get myself a crew and decided not to race but I'm so happy I still attended.. Clean ups fairly quick, loved the interviews by chad on the return road and the interaction and explaining of track conditions was very informative and ofcoarse the cars performances were outstanding..
Being a 20 something year old Victorian I took along two mates that had never seen the sport in the flesh.. The show honestly blew them away and left them in awe of the cars and the event.. Sadly I'd say this is the case in Vic being so many potential fans have been lost in the appalling and sad situation us melbournians have been in for the last 12 years..
Fingers crossed we get something soon..

Victoria has bled for so many years and I fear will soon bleed out and never recover.. It's already lost an entire generation..
Cheers.
Aaron
(Jealous Victorian that wants a WSID in Melbourne)

supermod wrote:

Hands down the best event I have ever attended.. Unfortunately I could not get myself a crew and decided not to race but I'm so happy I still attended.. Clean ups fairly quick, loved the interviews by chad on the return road and the interaction and explaining of track conditions was very informative and ofcoarse the cars performances were outstanding..
Being a 20 something year old Victorian I took along two mates that had never seen the sport in the flesh.. The show honestly blew them away and left them in awe of the cars and the event.. Sadly I'd say this is the case in Vic being so many potential fans have been lost in the appalling and sad situation us melbournians have been in for the last 12 years..
Fingers crossed we get something soon..

Victoria has bled for so many years and I fear will soon bleed out and never recover.. It's already lost an entire generation..
Cheers.
Aaron
(Jealous Victorian that wants a WSID in Melbourne)

Glad you enjoyed the Start line stuff. We tried really hard to have a good blend of experience and voices in the commentary this weekend and I think it seemed to work well. One of the best events I have had the pleasure of commentating at.

With Chris Matheson's crash, I was not going to mention anything until I heard about his condition direct from the Meeting Director  Andrew Sharpe- anything less is herseay and does not help the situation. I can appreciate that everyone wanted to know ASAP, but I can tell you that was the hardest few minutes I have ever had behind the microphone (along with The Pom's crash at SD a few years ago and Rocky Rehayem's crash at the nitro's 2 years ago).

Rusty Gregory

It really rubbed off and explained things to the novices, especially for the guys that have never seen the sport..
Job well done by all in the commentary... You  too Rus lol

I was in my usual seat in front of the corporate boxes and to hear the comments after the first run of top fuel was amazing to say the least.
They were still talking about it when the second pair was staging and after they all ran their first qualifiers, they didn't let up for a long time.
Maybe a few converts amongst them.
I really enjoyed Saturday, both Group 1 qualifying and Sportsman eliminations, and a pity about the headwind as PRO got really close to the 6's whereas on Sunday the wind was less powerful and quite a few 6's were run.
Ham's 5.4 was great top see as well, along with many other records.

da_bing wrote:

So no ones got nuthing to say about the event??

Nice double negative Darren default/smile

I had my feet up on the couch over the weekend due to my knee surgery and watched the action online.Even though the feed cut out and it was in the wrong aspect ratio and the audio wasn't great, it was free. The feed on Sunday had far less dropouts.I'd pay to view if it was better quality.
The DNA updates from Mark were very good,so thank you for that.
Nice to see the Pro Stock cars run so close and in the 6's ,Nitro Funny Car was good to see except for Anthony Begley's fire.Top Fuel was a bit hit and miss,.Shame about Chris Matheson ,but congratulations to Phil Parker's plunge into the mid 6's in Top Bike. Top Alcohol and Top Doorslammer were excellent.Super Gas was close as well.

Interesting what Steve Ham had to say about his incident.When the rear tyre let go, the thing that saved him was the inner liner,it amazingly stayed up at 260mph

There is 1 guest and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
David
Members Online: