Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Brought to you by

Forgot password? | Forgot username?

Winternationals

Re: Winternationals

Been sacrificing virgins all weekend to make this event happen, turns out the last one wasn't!
Should have known I suppose, by those panda eyes and the way she was smoking that cigarette.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Edited by: aandrew - 10-06-13 10:42:48

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Still don't understand why the Monday is not used in case of a rain day at the Winternationals. Key word in the event name "Winter", always likely to be rain. Pretty sure the event could be held over three days and not four.

Follow my Australian Drag Racing History pages:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AustralianDragRacingHistory
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/ausdraghistory
https://igcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t51.2885-19/s150x150/10932104_661024330700510_1831877871_a.jpg

Karl Kruizer wrote:

Been sacrificing virgins all weekend to make this event happen, turns out the last one wasn't!
Should have known I suppose, by those panda eyes and the way she was smoking that cigarette.

Where the hell did you find a virgin?? Where are you from?

Until today it had been a great event.
One of our sponsors ( a circuit racer who can be a hard marker of drag meets) has marked Sunday as one of the best days of racing entertainment he has ever had.
There had been minimal disruptions and plenty of fantastic racing.
Pity about the rain.
My copy of The Jim Read story. The good, bad and ugly, has been getting a good work out today because of the weather.
Excuse the pun , It is a good read.
Kerry

Question???

Why does the winter nats need to run over 4 days?

I understand the large fields but I don't understand why with the current financial times we need to have 4 qualifiers for group 1?

3 qualifiers is enough & everyone has the same opportunity

This meeting should have been run & done using the public holiday Monday as a rain day or day for interstates to travel home.

Dragging the meeting out will now result in racers racing for the pinnacle of the year in front of 2 & a dog at mid week race day.

With the drop in entry's it may go back to been a 3 day event next year. We have to remember that its the first year with the revised calender.

LEIGH TURNER
ANDRA #135

Would also like to say thanks to the DNA crew for the live coverage.

You would think ANDRA & Willowbank, with this, the largest meeting outside USA, would have a full live broadcast(audio & visual) setup in place. Leigh

LEIGH TURNER
ANDRA #135

The pits are tight, grass and rocks everywhere no water no electricity its like stepping back in time but with that said what a dragstrip, tight, traction, well prepped and a credit to the guys that prepare it.
I had a great weekend of racing with the best bracket racers Australia has, and will be back next year to do it all again its unfortunate with the weather but that's how it is mother nature is unpredictable at times cruel no blame should be placed on anyone or any group it was a fantastic meeting for three days.

Free willy

nice stuff aandrew

Sat next to some very excitable factory extreme media guys in the media centre, saw the video ( about a 1000 times  default/big_smile ) and he pedalled it twice on the run!!! Puerto Rico.. what's that  default/yikes

Andra Media Accreditation : Go9

lee8sec wrote:

You would think ANDRA & Willowbank, with this, the largest meeting outside USA, would have a full live broadcast(audio & visual) setup in place. Leigh

Hello Lee, you would be well aware of the internet issues Willowbank has had in the past, particularly at last year's Winternationals. Needless to say we were cautious about having a live stream when connectivity was still an unknown.
That said, it did prove quite good (although there were a few rough patches) for most of this weekend with the temporary tower in place so it is something we will likely have for next year.
If we had have put the stream in place and it was choppy and unwatchable we would have been criticised as well. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

ANDRA #2702

The Australian Pro Street Asscociation have a class called True Street but I don't think so, i saw true street this weekend on the highway on the way to the Winternationals what am i talking about you might be saying well when you see a chevy bubbletop driving from Sydney to Willowbank to go do some drag racing in super street you have got to be impressed i was Carl Taylor has a cool chevy that's true street.

Edited by: Bricki - 11-06-13 20:48:32

Free willy

outlaw wrote:

Question???

Why does the winter nats need to run over 4 days?

I understand the large fields but I don't understand why with the current financial times we need to have 4 qualifiers for group 1?

3 qualifiers is enough & everyone has the same opportunity

This meeting should have been run & done using the public holiday Monday as a rain day or day for interstates to travel home.

Dragging the meeting out will now result in racers racing for the pinnacle of the year in front of 2 & a dog at mid week race day.

I couldn't agree more. If it had been run over three days, and it could be done easily, no racers or spectators going home disappointed. Group 1 does not need 4 qualifiers. If no winners were decided what happens with the prisemoney, does anyone know if any racers got any money?

It will be called a non event no prize money paid and points awarded on your position in the class you were racing.

Free willy

There are 3 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
sumpplug
Members Online: