Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Brought to you by

Forgot password? | Forgot username?

dragster down again?

Re: dragster down again?

bandit wrote:

Maybe the least they can do (the owners of Dragster) is to put a simple Closed sign on the index page of dragster.com.au letting people know it's closed and not coming back or any other status they care to mention.  It's like a friend changing their phone number and not telling anyone and it's god damn disrespectful to all the previous honest users of the site to not let them know.

Agree, I was a user of the site daily and used to avoid the online bitching and fighting as I was simply on there to keep up with news and upcoming events. There are a heap of members that were on that site (now on here) that helped me out as I was building my car and I have even struck up a few good friendships with some of the guys. It is a slap in the face and very disrespectful to just shut down with out even leting people know.

On the up side it has made way for this site to grow and increase its membership which it deserves. At least here you can post a comment or question without the worry of being shot down by keyboard heros.
Anyway just my 2 cents worth.
Nathan

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

here here nathan.

SSPT Drag Racing
S/ST 1943
www.sspt.com.au

wpn270
WPN*270
useravatar
8 Posts
back up dude/gal
Male  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Trouble is, it doesn't seem like this site is growing much. Even though mods have made changes to make it more user friendly.
Even though Dragster didn't actually do meeting reports, there was usually someone at the track adding to the forums with highs n lows etc when a meeting was on.
I used to check it at least once a day to see what was happening. Also was the best site for buying/selling parts.

Living out in the country, the internet is the only way you find out about a lot of things, keep in touch with drag racing community, and also great for buying/selling parts.

Now that Dragster has been down for so long, where is everyone posting?????

Yesterday, the pro-street shootout was on at Willowbank. Apart from the Willowbank results, which are pretty average compared to what they used to be, I couldn't find out anything about what was happening down there. When Dragster was up, no matter what meeting, there was usually some info in the forums.

I'm not being critical of this site, or of all the work that Grant and others have done. I'm just wondering where everyone has gone, how to find out anything anymore, where is best for parts etc now?

Even looking at the stats for here(total posts 2984), it hasn't taken off like it probably should have. Wonder Why???

Peter Wilson wrote:

All those anonymous posters have nowhere to hide here.

Andrew Munro wrote:

Peter Wilson wrote:Now that Dragster has been down for so long, where is everyone posting?????

Yeh, But while there were some anonymous keyboard jockeys running off at the mouth on the discussion forums, there were also a major percentage of fair dinkum people. If anyone posted a question, there were usually plenty of good answers from others wanting to help out. I suppose it's just a thing with the internet and being able to remain anonymous, always some dickheads that take advantage of it to run off at the mouth. Happens on most sites.
Also the people selling parts, while using usernames, definitely weren't anonymous.

In the stats at the bottom of the page it says
total users 1233
Members online 6
guests online 86

So there are plenty of people looking but no one posting

why?????

Not enough threads!!

Okay its the off season but surely there is something going on we should be talking about.

Maybe its time to start talking about Adelaide, its less than a month away!!

Have a look and like my face book page 'Top Fuel Promotions'.

A bit slow now but once the season starts it will be the place on fb to catch up with what is going on in the 3 nitro classes. All positive, I promise!

It,s a shame that dragster is down because there was some good input from all over the world, ie where has Kingnitro gone with his pics of the meetings he goes to. Also I agree that  this site is in its infancy but it just doesn't have the vibe of dragster.com. Maybe it will come with time but I do miss the good hearted banter that happened over there. It seem just like what's happening now with a certain section of the population that a small percentage can screw it up for everybody. Maybe if they did what most sensible people told the mods and at least made people give a genuine name and contact that they could confirm to get back on if there was something contentious people could still have their anonymity . I REPEAT where is Kingnitro!

Don't take life to serious ------ its not permanent

Growing old is mandatory >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> growing up is optional

Alan White wrote:

. I REPEAT where is Kingnitro!

ALan I am sure this is his site.  A few drag racing shots and lots of women, that is why I am so sure it is his.

http://kingnitro.smugmug.com/

Maybe we should jump on his site and invite him over. As Alan said, his photos of the US events were great and his captions well worth the laugh.
Nathan

I have told Joe to come on over here, he will eventually find his way over. Yes that is him on smugmug.

I will remind him again to join up here.

Have a look and like my face book page 'Top Fuel Promotions'.

A bit slow now but once the season starts it will be the place on fb to catch up with what is going on in the 3 nitro classes. All positive, I promise!

whitey234 wrote:

It,s a shame that dragster is down because there was some good input from all over the world, ie where has Kingnitro gone with his pics of the meetings he goes to. Also I agree that  this site is in its infancy but it just doesn't have the vibe of dragster.com. Maybe it will come with time but I do miss the good hearted banter that happened over there. It seem just like what's happening now with a certain section of the population that a small percentage can screw it up for everybody. Maybe if they did what most sensible people told the mods and at least made people give a genuine name and contact that they could confirm to get back on if there was something contentious people could still have their anonymity . I REPEAT where is Kingnitro!

Hey mates....I made it!!!!   Thanks Darren for giving me the heads up!

Kingnitro wrote:

Hey mates....I made it!!!!   Thanks Darren for giving me the heads up!

OK joe now you've found us wheres the pics HMMMMMMMMMMMMM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Don't take life to serious ------ its not permanent

Growing old is mandatory >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> growing up is optional

give it time fellas it will pick up!

AndyM wrote:

Peter Wilson wrote:

But people are using alias' on here now, so you don't know who's posting....

There is 1 guest and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
Shepherd Mark
Members Online: