Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Brought to you by

Forgot password? | Forgot username?
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » AndyM

09-02-16 17:38:45
Category: General Discussion
Forum: The Bench

They're "working on it"
Not much web presence,400 Thunder facebook page is next to useless.

05-02-14 20:37:25
Check out host Glenn Everitt learning to drive a Outlaw Nitro Funnycar

This show and the two Gasolene episodes dedicated to the Outlaw Nitro Funny Cars brought to you by Aeroflow (don't forget the plug) are far more entertaining than the "official" programme put together by Ignition Productions. Great work to Glenn Everitt and Michael Curson and their crews. The only thing that saved the 7Mate show for me was the in car stuff.The rest was really cheesy.I will never understand why producers insist or persist with overreacting on the start line or at the finish. It looks like over acting.It looks even worse when there is no crowd to feed off.
Score Gasolene 8/10 Great double episode
Man and Machine 9/10.Would have been 10/10 if you pulled the chutes Glenn default/smile
7Mate show 6/10 Nice in car shots.

Cheers
Andrew.

02-02-14 13:40:31

Hi Ralph, get yourself over here https://www.facebook.com/groups/1433897120169614/
Lots of cool pics.
Regards
Andrew

30-12-13 21:19:48
2014 Planners & Schemers

No Slamfest this year default/sad On the bright side,Calder have their 2014 calendar out and there's a fair amount of racing.Hopefully the John Taverna race in March gets support.I'll drop in for a look.

18-12-13 07:55:38
2014 Planners & Schemers

I don't have an answer for you. I'm not a racer/crew person so I can't add anything worthwhile.I see the Marianis doing a fireup of their new car on Facebook.The January Adelaide meeting just got canned and it looks like no Slamfest for 2014. I'm having more fun looking at old drag racing photos on Facebook at the moment.

13-11-13 16:58:28

I went there in 1985. A lot has changed since then. I stayed in Bedford and had a hire car to drive to the track at Poddington.
There was a walkway behind the start line but it was removed a few years ago.I remember I had a weekend pass for the particular event which took in drag racing and tractor pulling .The first day was good,not a huge event,and the Sunday was rained out so I watched some tractor pulling before I pulled the pin and went for a drive around the area.
Hope you a have a good time.

09-11-13 15:33:18

Hope Peter makes more than one qualifier.

Left Lane: Peter Russo Runs 8.061/77.50, Now #22; No Prior Run

3:34 p.m. Weather conditions: air temperature 80 degrees, relative humidity 23 percent, barometer 28.84 inches, adjusted altitude 3,043 feet, track temperature 95 degrees.

Terry Haddock is on the bump spot at 4.575.

Russo did not make a run yesterday. His chute shook out almost immediately and he started spinning the tires, then he lifted.
Left Lane: Grant Downing Runs 4.240/291.07, Now #10; Best prior run: 5.648/111.74, Was #20
Right Lane: Jeff Diehl Runs 4.299/289.45, Now #11; No Prior Run

Yesterday, Downing spun the tires and Diehl appeared to break the throttle cable.

Both drivers got down the track today, both got in the field (for now) and they almost met at thew finish line, Diehl close to the line on the top half of his run and Downing's car making a hard move to the left as he neared the stripe.

Left Lane: Josh Crawford Runs 4.243/251.91, Now #15; No Prior Run
Right Lane: Peter Russo Runs 5.959/122.81, Now #17; No Prior Run

This pair will establish a bump time.

Russo's car was making strange flames and he clicked it off. Crawford made it to the stripe under power, posting a career-best ET.

Terry Haddock is on the bump spot at 4.257.

02-11-13 08:11:43
Did Calder Deliver?
Forum: Track Talk

Karl Kruizer wrote:

Could we see the DiFillipo's back in action?

Karl, I saw Darren and Charlie walking through the pits at Calder.Aren't they doing their jet car/truck thing? They still post photos of the jet car stuff on facebook.When Dragster magazine was still in print all their top fuel/funny car gear was for sale.
It would be nice to see them race.It's only a 20 minute drive from their workshop to Calder.
Also saw Darren Carter and Ray Ward in the nitro pits.

28-10-13 17:50:55

I saw the car on the entry list,but no sign of them during qualifying.Anyone know what happened?

25-10-13 20:27:28

The link works.NZ gets a taste of Oz Nitro.
Good on them for getting the cars over there.

23-10-13 20:54:02

Ralph,I can't see any names on your post.

20-10-13 16:27:18
Did Calder Deliver?
Forum: Track Talk

I went yesterday.Not expecting too much considering.By 5pm the event was running late.These things are sometimes unavoidable.
Positives: ANDRA back sanctioning the event.Readout boards working,PA almost 100% working.Decent choices of takeaway food!
Reasonably large crowd considering,MotoGP,Caulfield Cup,Armageddon Expo on same weekend.Nice trade displays.

Negatives: Only 1 Eptpos machine at ticket booth.Too far to walk to ticket booth at front of track then all the way around back to the pit area and only through the tunnel.No lighting for about 1km walking along dirt road back to carpark.
Sportsman Pit area was so crammed full of racecars and associated trailers/ marquees and the Group 1 area by comparison had heaps of room.The wait until 10pm for the last top fuel run was too much to bear for a lot of families,especially when there wasn't racing due to track cleanups.I'm personally not a fan of wheelstanders and stunt bikes,but the organizers needed something.
I left happy having seen a bit of racing and only 30 minutes from home so not all bad.

13-10-13 17:10:31

When questioned on the viability of combining Nitro Funny Car with Top Fuel even for a short period of time whilst numbers were down, Pinazza said, “There is no need to do that, we have up to 12 Top Fuel cars ready to go for next season.”

....And 8 cars 2 weeks later in Sydney......what's your point?
I find the scrutiny on Top Fuel by some of you laughable...
Care to elaborate on any of the current fuel teams that 'may not be fully aware of the realities of cost that shouldn't go down that road'?
Perhaps Pom, Sainty, Premiere, Jim Read etc should sell up and bugger off because they can't attend every round? I'll take as many fuel teams that are on offer and be grateful for it. We all know it's an expensive game and they are exciting cars - the teams race at their own financial discretion.

My "point" Scott,is not so much attacking Top Fuel racers and or owners,it's the fact that a Top Fuel series is barely one when there are 4 cars racing at Calder which would have only been 3 if not for the Lamattina's putting together a second car.Go back and have a look how many Top Fuel cars have entered events over the last 5 years and see what the average is.There were only 3 cars entered at a Perth meeting a few years ago.So we'll get the blah blah blah it's Perth too far away etc.Only 4 at the last Adelaide T/F meeting.At that rate Top Fuel doesn't deserve a series any more than Nitro Funny Car doesn't get a national series.The only track that gets oversubscribed is Sydney because most of the cars are based there.

11-10-13 10:57:20

NLP1452 wrote:

The best that can be mustered for the return of Andra Championship Drag Racing to Melbourne is 4 Top Fuel cars.  That says it all really. 

Beat me to it.

07-10-13 20:19:52

da_bing wrote:

It aint cheap to advertise on stations like triple m.

Well it's all a matter of how you look at it Darren.Radio is generally cheaper than TV for a given timeslot and I'm sure MMM's ratecard will show prime advertising as comparatively high. Also depends on what program it's aired on and how many times the campaign will want it run.

• Index
  • » Users
  • » AndyM

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User: