February 10th 2013 will be remembered as historical day for Top Fuel Drag Racing in Australia, when a majority of Top Fuel team owners met in Sydney to discuss a unified approach to the promotion and long term sustainability of the class.
Of the 9 teams present, 8 went on to form Top Fuel Australia Ltd. (TFA), a not for profit organisation with Angelo Lamattina elected as Chairman. Mr. Renzo Pinazza, a 40 year veteran of the automotive industry, was employed by the board of Top Fuel Australia Ltd. as the General Manager.
“The primary focus of Top Fuel Australia is to provide the teams with a single and united voice when it comes to the promotion and viability of the class moving forward,“ said Mr. Pinazza.
”Top Fuel Australia represents an opportunity for Top Fuel teams to unite and contribute to the development of the sport in Australia and showcase the quickest cars on the planet to corporate partners and drag racing fans around the country.”
The main objectives of Top Fuel Australia Ltd. are:
• Formally represent it’s members
• Provide a united voice on issues relating to Top Fuel Drag Racing
• Develop unique and engaging marketing opportunities for corporate partners
• Ensure the financial viability Top Fuel Drag Racing in Australia
• Develop a consistent and high quality entertainment package
• Contribute to the growth and development of Drag Racing as a premier motorsport in Australia
Chairman Angelo Lamattina reiterated these objectives. “With a unified effort and direction we can achieve so much more. We have already received enquiries from other prospective Top Fuel teams and we are pleased to announce that more teams have now also joined Top Fuel Australia”.
Top Fuel Australia Ltd. looks forward to working with those who share a common interest and strategic vision to advance the sport of Drag Racing in Australia.