Despite being closed earlier than usual for its winter break, Perth Motorplex is preparing to come back better than ever before thanks to a host of upgrades to the Western Australian venue.
In an email to racers, Perth Motorplex management explained some plans that have either been executed or are planned for the winter ahead of a return to racing next season:
- The PA speakers have been moved from the back of the spectator mounds to the track edge on both sides of the drag strip to help eliminate echo and give clearer commentary for patrons.
- The timing system has had a complete upgrade and has also got as much of a back up system in place as possible, as well as some upgrades in the control tower to help with efficiency during the events.
- The win lights and timing boards have also been revamped and upgraded with the latest electronic equipment to make them more reliable and make maintenance easier.
- There has been many kilometres of optic fibre pulled through the venue to expand the audio visual equipment, hopefully allowing fortop end interviews soon to further enhance events and live streaming opportunities.
- Every single light pole in the venue has been surveyed and replaced or reconditioned as necessary. More CCTV cameras have been installed and all operate on the fibre optic system that has been installed, increasing venue security immensely.
More upgrades are in the wings and awaiting capital works funding.