Santo’s Summer Thunder postponed by one week

This article brought to you by:

82099588 10157104338618869 3091820229085364224 o

Sydney Dragway has released a statement postponing this weekend’s Summer Thunder event by one week due to the predicted heavy rains forecast this weekend.

It reads:

Unfortunately, the weather forecast for the Santo’s Summer Thunder has deteriorated considerably over the last 12 hours. We were pushing ahead with plans to complete the event, but the revised weather forecast from the Bureau of Meteorology (and many other forecasts) this morning has forced Sydney Dragway and 400 Thunder to revise this plan.

Our priorities are to provide a safe racetrack for our racers and to put on a good show for our fans. Neither of those things appear to be possible now due to the forecasted weather.

The Santo’s Summer Thunder will be re-scheduled by one week to Friday 24th and Saturday 25th January. This date has been chosen as it is a National Public holiday on the Monday following the event, maximising the chance for our interstate racers to return for the new date.

This decision has been made with the best interests our sportsman racers in mind. The current 400 Thunder Sportsman Series Rules state that to be eligible for a Series Championship, a racer must run 2 rounds of the series at their home track. If the Santo’s Summer Thunder was cancelled altogether, then NSW Super Comp, Performance Bike, Super Sedan, Super Street and Junior Dragster Racers would be ineligible for Championships as the only home round they will be able to race at will be the Nitro Thunder in May.

All entries will be transferred to the re-scheduled date. We Will also be re-opening competitor entries until midnight Sunday 19th January. If a competitor is unable to return for the re-scheduled date, we ask that you please call the office on 02 9421 0700 to advise.

All pre-purchased spectator tickets will be valid for the re-scheduled event. If you cannot return for the re-scheduled event, please call the office on 02 9421 0700 to arrange a refund.

We apologise for tor the inconvenience to our fans and spectators but until this morning the weather did appear that we would be able to complete the event.

For more information, please visit or follow our Facebook page .

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue

Drag News Magazine