A raft of rule changes have been approved by the ANDRA Board, set to be implemented for the 2014 season of the ANDRA Drag Racing Series and the Aeroflow Sportsman Drag Racing Championship.
Rule submissions are written by the membership of ANDRA each year, voted on by the National Rule Committee and Operations Committee and approved by the Board.
Over 60 rule submissions and technical clarifications were sent in to ANDRA of which many will be adopted into the 2014 ANDRA Rulebook.
A number of important submissions were approved by the ANDRA Board, including amongst them:
• new specific four cylinder naturally aspirated Competition classes
• new MR classes in Modified allowing for modern-style roadsters
• addition of H/MP class in Super Stock
• addition of a carburetted nitromethane class in Competition Bike
• implementation of run order guidelines for Group One
• mandating the use of mufflers in Junior Dragster for the protection of hearing of young crew members
• mandating lower engine containment for many vehicles
• renaming Top Bike to Top Fuel Motorcycle
• issuing of specifications for bolt in roll cages to 8.00
• minimum SFI and FIA clothing requirements for Junior Dragster
The full list rule submissions with notes on which were approved and which were not is available below.